Friday, October 17, 2008

You and Your Girl Event






Addison and I attended Vicki Courtney's You and Your Girl Event the last weekend of September. Our friends Libby and Elizabeth went too. It was a Christian event for moms and their daughters. They talked about communication, tween and teen issues, what the Bible says about issues our girls face, staying God focused, etc. They also had several modern Christian girl bands/entertainers.
It was held at the youth center of FBC Spartanburg, which is AWESWOME!! They have an airplane hanging in the youth lounge and it is called the Hangar. They have a 1/2 basketball court in there as well as several TVs, pool tables, ping pong tables, air hockey tables, a cafe and coffee bar, and outside a full size beach volleyball court. They have hang out events on Friday nights after HS football games, etc. to give the teens a place to go.
As for the event, if you are not familiar with Vicki Courtney, please check her website and blog out (vickicourtney.com). She has written some awesome parenting and tween/teen books as well as published two "magabooks" for tweens.

1 comment:

LisaK said...

Hey Lisa, I have been coming to church but usually sit on the left side of the center row toward the back. When the service is over I go to wait for Meghan to come down from the balcony so I miss seeing you leave. Anyway, this event sounds similar to the one I want to go to with MEghan in January, Revolve. I think we are going with several of her friends and their MOms. We haven't registered yet but I hope to soon. I am glad you all had a good time. I will check out the website.